Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shopping and Relaxing

Today and yesterday we didn't go tour historical/touristy sites.

Yesterday my dad had to go to Mofet. Mofet is a research institute that my dad will work with via Fulbright. Since my dad was there, my mom and I walked around some of the shopping districts near the Eden House. At Kookai, the store where I got a jacket and tank top, I got a pair of white capris. We also walked back to Dizengoff Center because it started raining. For dinner we walked north up the beach to the Tel Aviv Marina and Tel Aviv Port. We ate dinner at a beach front restaurant that was only mediocre. My dad and I had lasagna and my mom had an eggplant dish.

Today, we walked to Benedicts for breakfast. I got chocolate pancakes and they were really good. The pancakes were very fluffy and had big chunks of chocolate melted on top with powdered sugar and homemade syrup if needed. During breakfast it started pouring out and we sat in the restaurant for a while but then decided that we wanted to get back to the Eden House and took a taxi. When we arrived back at the Eden House, the internet wasn't working so I played itouch games and my parents worked on their computers. After about an hour, the rain had picked up a little and my parents went for a walk. I stayed home and watched Mean Girls. When my parents came back I fell asleep reading Fahrenheit 451. I thought I had only slept for half and hour but my parents informed me that it was now 6pm and that I had slept for two plus hours. Whoops!

3 comments:

  1. Those chocolate pancakes sound good, but very sweet. It sounds like you are having a great trip so far. It snowed yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOA! it's sounds like you're having a great time! the rain sounds like fun, but we didn't get a "downpour in hillsboro" yesterday, we got SNOW! but it all melted last night so now we have gross slushy roads :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya Israels' been pretty good. We move to Jerusalem today, where we will stay for most of the rest of the trip. Snow! i wish we had snow!! the rain has stopped for this morning but I don't know how long it will hold up for.... oh I'm sorry it melted :(

    ReplyDelete