Saturday, December 26, 2009

Traveling

While tons of families were celebrating Christmas, we were traveling across the globe to Israel. First we flew from Portland to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Tel-Aviv. All of this took a grand 20 hours. After arriving at our "bed and breakfast" at 7pm we decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood and maybe down to the beach. The Eden House, our bed and breakfast, isn't quite what we expected. It is a very different type of building, the walls are rather beat up and it looks like the tile floor was put in when people first started coming to Israel. On our walk we got gelato. :) it was yummy. After gelato we walked around some more and then when we decided to go back the Eden House we got lost and spent around 45 min looking for it. Paul went all boy scout on everybody and tried to read the map logically and couldn't figure it out and kept yelling at my mom and me. He wasn't trying to yell though. We finally went into another little hotel to ask for directions, but because we didn't know our street or address, the man who was trying to help us couldn't. After another few minutes of wandering I finally said just give me the map! After my dad finally decided that I might be helpful, he gave it to me. I figured out where we were and because we had the Eden House marked on our map, I figured out where we had to go. Within 10 minutes I found the way back to the Eden House. Our first day in Tel-Aviv was definitely an interesting one.

4 comments:

  1. thank you! i gotta get a flight first....
    have fun and good luck at holiday bowl!
    n

    ReplyDelete
  2. What flavor was the gelato? Tell Dad to get a compass. Your my first ever blog experience! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nutella and oreo gelato. Paul asks why about the compass? I told him all he needs is me! :) thanx and I look forward to seeing you in like a month!

    ReplyDelete