Saturday, January 9, 2010

Letters!

Today we relaxed and didn't go anywhere. It was very nice to finally calm down and relax. Even though I didn't go on the long walks with my parents yesterday or two days ago I did a TON of school work. (For example all of my science for while I'm gone.) I woke up later than I usually have, and when I went up stairs to go on my computer I saw a huge envelope. I immediately knew what the package was and ran over to get it. Inside the envelope were the letters that the entire class wrote to me. I was soooooo happy that my dad had finally given them to me because my friends had told me about them and when I asked my dad he said he knew nothing about them and that Holly would probably mail them because he didn't have them. Even though I was starving, I read every single letter before I went down to have breakfast. They were all very meaningful and really made me smile. Some made me think. Some made me laugh. Some made me remember good times. And some just made me smile and think how much I miss Portland but that the experience I'm having is really great and amazing. I'm saving all the letters and will probably end up reading them at least twice a week. :) I miss EVERYTHING about Portland and my friends but the letters really made me realize that Portland and my friends will always be there for me but this experience won't be. Thank you everyone for the letters!!!!

5 comments:

  1. This was my favorite of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, relaxing is the best!
    I'm really happy for you that you finished ALL of your science for the entire time, and that now you get to spend you time doing more fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. am just catching up now on your adventures. i want to see these sights. i want to eat the felafel. but mostly, i loved what you said about getting the letters from your classmates and how special that was to you. that was from the heart. still your interesting experience with yelling man has me intrigued. you're in a foreign country. the rules are different. and you don't always know what's going on. lost in translation. i like that feeling but i know most people don't. and i really appreciate how you wrote that and made me understand your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ella, thanxs! ya i still got to do a TON of math and spanish and some history and english but ur right i get to do more fun things now!! i miss u!!

    Marilyn, thanks!! ya they were very touching! :) the rules here are definitely very different. It seems like rules here are made to be broken. (Nobody abides by the laws!) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete