Monday, January 11, 2010

Selina

Today my mom and I walked to a huge market about a mile away from our house. It was kind of like Fred Meyer. A fact about most large super markets in Israel is that they are in the bottom level of shopping centers. We are still stocking up on food for our apartment here in Jerusalem so we bought a lot of groceries. Because we sort of lolly gagged around the mall and bought some stuff and Super Pharm (a store like Rite Aid), we didn't get home till around noon. After a lunch of bagels and cream cheese. The bagels here a really good. They have crisper crust but chewier centers. My mom went off for another walk and I stayed home with my dad and did work. I did a lot of math and that took up most of the afternoon. When my mom got back we decided that we would go out to dinner tonight and had to pick a restaurant. After much discussion and research of the menus we decided on a restaurant called Selina. One of the qualifications for the restaurant had to be that they served meat because the apartment we are staying in is a kosher vegetarian home, so no meat. :( At Selina, my mom and I both ordered the burger and my dad ordered some wrap with some other type of meat. At first when I ordered the burger I wasn't sure how good it would be because it is not kosher to have cheese/dairy with meat. But I was quickly mistaken because the burger was fabulous! According to my parents it was one of the best cuts of meat that I had ever eaten. The fries that it came with were also terrific thought they weren't the type of fries that are typically served with a hamburger. They were perfectly grilled potatoes. I hope that we go back to Selina!

4 comments:

  1. yuuuum, i wish i could get my hands on a burger like that! but tonight we are having chicken, which i don't care for that much, but ur really lucky to be eating burgers, i miss them. I haven't had one in a while. Chris (science teacher chris) wants to know if u've been doing ur workouts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can taste the burger. Great description--I'm hungry just reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya it was really good!

    ella, tell chris that i've been walking between 7-10 miles each day and that my dad and I are finding places that we can do the workouts because there is no track that is accessible to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha ok ill tell chris. ;)

    ReplyDelete